Hello! Long time no see – the past year has flown by. And I’ve been doing lots of fun things, including this amazing project I got to work on just before Christmas. I collaborated on my own range of clothing with the South Korean brand HAZZYS. We created a range of tees, jumpers and shirts for SS17. Mainly dog themed, obv. The range sold out pretty quickly, I think you can still buy some online if you are in Korea. (I have no idea how to navigate that site, sorry!). The photoshoot and styling of the project is my favourite part of the project as I am known to be a huge fan of bananas and dogs.
Now I’m thinking, how was Christmas almost 6 months ago!? I hope you like these as much as I do..
Surprise! I’ve been spending a lot of time browsing the delights of winter shopping the last few weeks, so what better way to get it off my chest and share a few of my favourite things on here. I’m holding out until ‘Black Friday’ next week to see if any of my wish list picks go into the sales. A reduced Gucci bag is slightly acceptable.. right? Probably not.
1. ASOS Coat in chunky orange faux fur – This coat is literally the dream. Whenever I’m illustrating, I love to use orange as it is such a good colour to pull things together. I have a feeling this coat may be the same situation. Sometimes these sort of items do make one look slightly obese, hoping this won’t be the case with this bad boy. I’ve had this in my basket for a week on and off, but trying to be a semi responsible adult and wait till the potential sales. Friday you will be mine!
2. Andy Warhol Limited Edition Barbie – I want to be this doll, she’s just the best. I was super obsessed with Barbie as a girl and had everything, pretty much. This Barbie is making me want to start a collection again. Mattel you are winning at life.
3. Topshop Straight Leg Spiral Hem Jeans – Sometimes it’s good to not just wear black. These look like they would be quite a nice fit, yet to try on IRL. I think I need to branch out from wearing the same Jamie jeans a million times a month. Can anyone recommend ASOS jeans?
4. Lush The Magic of Christmas bubble bar – Admittedly I stock up on these AFTER Christmas on Boxing day when they’re hella reduced, but I do love to use them before too. This particular bubble bar is one of my faves, it’s so warm and cinnamon-y with added orange freshness. Fave combo. Almost as good as the Sparkly Pumpkin..
5. Gucci Disco Soho Bag in black – At £715 I’ve never spent that much money on any item of clothing, ever. I’ve been mulling this over for a few months and am going to see if the sales can take a cheeky few hundy off this bad boy and I may consider the options (my boyfriend or mum might kill me). I might be a bit sick to drop £700+ on a tiny bag. But jeez it’s a beauty :( (I think it’s the giant tassle that gets me..)
6. Olympia Le- Tan – The Story of O.L.T – Olympia Le-Tan is my ultimate girl crush, I wish we were friends. Her bags and fashion line are SO fun, colourful and full of personality and I’m obsessed with her Instagram. By day I work at Sanrio (Mr. Men Little Miss/Hello Kitty) and we’ve collaborated with her twice, we have a few in the office and they are the most beautifully hand created pieces you’ll ever see. This is her new actual real life book (not a bag book!) and I need to get a copy so I can love her even more ASAP!
7. Urbancode Leopard print faux fur scarf – I mean essentially I want this because it’s fucking freezing in London right now and it looks very fluffy and warm. And it’s pretty. Am totally digging that bottle green colour right now too.
8. Baia Mini in spot hair on hyde – When I stumbled on these bags on Instagram it was love at first sight. I had never heard of the brand Baia but the whole collection they have is gorgeous. At around £150-250 they are slightly more affordable than the above. Handmade in Yorkshire, I may be slightly biased but that makes these bags 100% cooler.
9. DIPTYQUE – Le roi sapin scented candle – This candle smells like Christmas sooooo much. It’s painful it’s as glorious as an actual Christmas tree. It reminds me of when you get your tree out the attic and all your decorations are a bit dusty, it encapsulates that smell PERFECTLY. Smelt in Liberty, not in my flat… yet.
BRB need to sell my kidneys to buy nice things.
Hello, hello, is anybody out there?! A lot of the time real life is more fun than the internet, when things get busy it’s good to live in the moment and not update your online presence… ya dig? ~ mindfulness ~ etc. etc. Anyway, hello July! Hello blog! Jeez this year has flown by. ANYWAY…
Last month I went to Barcelona, and had a mini road trip up to Cadaqués (next post!). One of the first places we visited was the Joan Miro museum, located at the top of an amazing hill in Montjuïc, Barcelona. It was super fun and colourful. The architecture of the museum is very ‘Bauhaus’ & extremely similar to the Bauhaus-Archiv in Berlin (also an incredible place if you love concrete as much as I do!) The Miro museum is much cleaner, feels lighter and more airy though. I wish I could live in a building like this.
The place is filled with amazing drawings, sketches (all by Miro) and also a very cool bar and two awesome museum shops.
Here are some animal illustrations of mine that are currently used in Boden’s Spring 2016 collection for teenage girls. It’s so fun seeing my work on t-shirts that are being modelled and styled. I was so excited to see the DOG PAJAMAS(!) too. How cute are they! 16 yr old size totally fits a size 10 ;)
Admittedly all the Boden kids clothes make me want a baby just to dress up… There are so many amazing cute patterns and designs, especially the little dinky dresses and rompers.
Check out the headdress hedgehog skinny fit t-shirt here.
Doggy pajama sets here and here.
I love reading yearly round up lists so I thought I’d do my favourite beauty products that I tried and loved in 2015. I probably spent more money on beauty than clothes last year, and I’m telling myself it’s because I’m almost 27 I feel like I have to start making more effort with my skin and hair than ever before.
Basically I discovered loads of new products that I loved last year so here we go… (Sorry in advance if this makes you want to buy anything…! January, I know.)
1. Aesop Resurrection Aromatique hand balm – I feel like this hand cream gets a lot of ‘hype’, and a lot of instagram time. However, it is actually as good as it looks. My hands are really dry as I’m a bit obsessive about washing them… so I use a lot of hand cream. Out of all the ones I’ve ever tried, this one is by far the best (as well as L’occitane). The smell of this is just not like anything else, it’s really strong – very orange-y. You probably either love it or hate it but it’s a firm favourite for me. You also don’t need to keep reapplying it for your hands to feel better, once or twice a day is enough.
2. Bioderma Sensibio micellaire cleansing water – Loved by make-up artists (apparently), it’s a make-up removing cleansing water and it’s super good at it. It’s for sensitive skin and doesn’t feel ‘chemically’ or harsh on the skin like a lot of make-up removers do. I use this every single day and it has 100% improved my skin, probably because it totally removes all traces of any make up. You can get it in a giant bottle from chemists. Boots sell it now but it’s a bit of a rip off there (£10 for the small bottle!) so I’d recommend buying it online or finding a local pharmacy that stocks Bioderma.
3. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – This literally makes you feel like you’ve just been born out the womb. Your face feels so nice and fresh the next morning. The smell is also really calming. It can feel a bit wet when you apply it, but you only need the tiniest amount possible. This also makes the price (£36) seem a little better value for money if you consider how long it will last. My boyfriend tried using this and put way too much on his face practically slid off his body… so, yeah, a couple of drops needed max! Oils can seem a bit weird, like they’ll break you out, but this one hasn’t given me any problems and I do have combination skin. It’s been good in the winter especially when my skin is drier.
4. The Body Shop Satsuma shower gel – Oh god this smells SO good. I actually used to hate this scent so much but this year I began to love it. It feels nice on your skin and feels really refreshing! I’ve repurchased it at least 4 times.. so I think it deffo deserves a spot here.