On my quest to eat 1. less chocolate, and 2. less processed sugar, I came to the conclusion that these flapjacks were the answer! They can be eaten for breakfast with a bit of Greek yogurt (mmm) or as a tasty snack. I find the oats and nuts keep you quite full!
There is a bit of sugar in here, but it is from the fruit and honey. A lesser of two evils…
To make these delicious banana treats you will need:
- 3 mashed bananas
- 200g oats (gluten free if you are super sensitive – I find oats actually OK)
- A handful of dried cranberries
- A handful of chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Roughly 30ml honey (depending on what honey and how liquid-y it is, you may need more, or less!)
- 20 ml olive oil
- A baking tray with baking paper (parchment, don’t use foil or it will STICK!)
1. Mash your bananas in a big nice bowl, and then add your oats!
2. Add in the honey and give a big stir, you want the oats to stop being dry but you don’t want the mixture to be liquid-y. Pour in your olive oil and keep stirring so it gets less dry.
3. Add your nuts and cranberries and stir to a thick paste.
4. Lay your baking paper on a tray and spread out the mixture so it is roughly 2cm thick, in whatever shape you like!
5. Put in the oven at 200c or gas mark 6 (whatever almost highest is on your oven)!
6. Bake for 20-25 minutess depending on how hard and crispy you like them. I like them softish so keep them in for 20!