Surprise! I’ve been spending a lot of time browsing the delights of winter shopping the last few weeks, so what better way to get it off my chest and share a few of my favourite things on here. I’m holding out until ‘Black Friday’ next week to see if any of my wish list picks go into the sales. A reduced Gucci bag is slightly acceptable.. right? Probably not.
1. ASOS Coat in chunky orange faux fur – This coat is literally the dream. Whenever I’m illustrating, I love to use orange as it is such a good colour to pull things together. I have a feeling this coat may be the same situation. Sometimes these sort of items do make one look slightly obese, hoping this won’t be the case with this bad boy. I’ve had this in my basket for a week on and off, but trying to be a semi responsible adult and wait till the potential sales. Friday you will be mine!
2. Andy Warhol Limited Edition Barbie – I want to be this doll, she’s just the best. I was super obsessed with Barbie as a girl and had everything, pretty much. This Barbie is making me want to start a collection again. Mattel you are winning at life.
3. Topshop Straight Leg Spiral Hem Jeans – Sometimes it’s good to not just wear black. These look like they would be quite a nice fit, yet to try on IRL. I think I need to branch out from wearing the same Jamie jeans a million times a month. Can anyone recommend ASOS jeans?
4. Lush The Magic of Christmas bubble bar – Admittedly I stock up on these AFTER Christmas on Boxing day when they’re hella reduced, but I do love to use them before too. This particular bubble bar is one of my faves, it’s so warm and cinnamon-y with added orange freshness. Fave combo. Almost as good as the Sparkly Pumpkin..
5. Gucci Disco Soho Bag in black – At £715 I’ve never spent that much money on any item of clothing, ever. I’ve been mulling this over for a few months and am going to see if the sales can take a cheeky few hundy off this bad boy and I may consider the options (my boyfriend or mum might kill me). I might be a bit sick to drop £700+ on a tiny bag. But jeez it’s a beauty :( (I think it’s the giant tassle that gets me..)
6. Olympia Le- Tan – The Story of O.L.T – Olympia Le-Tan is my ultimate girl crush, I wish we were friends. Her bags and fashion line are SO fun, colourful and full of personality and I’m obsessed with her Instagram. By day I work at Sanrio (Mr. Men Little Miss/Hello Kitty) and we’ve collaborated with her twice, we have a few in the office and they are the most beautifully hand created pieces you’ll ever see. This is her new actual real life book (not a bag book!) and I need to get a copy so I can love her even more ASAP!
7. Urbancode Leopard print faux fur scarf – I mean essentially I want this because it’s fucking freezing in London right now and it looks very fluffy and warm. And it’s pretty. Am totally digging that bottle green colour right now too.
8. Baia Mini in spot hair on hyde – When I stumbled on these bags on Instagram it was love at first sight. I had never heard of the brand Baia but the whole collection they have is gorgeous. At around £150-250 they are slightly more affordable than the above. Handmade in Yorkshire, I may be slightly biased but that makes these bags 100% cooler.
9. DIPTYQUE – Le roi sapin scented candle – This candle smells like Christmas sooooo much. It’s painful it’s as glorious as an actual Christmas tree. It reminds me of when you get your tree out the attic and all your decorations are a bit dusty, it encapsulates that smell PERFECTLY. Smelt in Liberty, not in my flat… yet.
BRB need to sell my kidneys to buy nice things.