I decided that I would have a go at #The100DayProject a couple of days ago. My project is 100 days of using a sketchbook. The main reason being, is that I’m a little non committal with them! I buy loads, use them a lot at first and then end up with 100’s of half full ones… (you should see under my desk). Anyway, I thought this would push me to draw in the same one every single day. It’s also been a while since I did any ‘personal’ work – just for me, for fun. It’s nice to make time to draw whatever I fancy.
You can follow me on Instagram here where I am posting daily!
Please let me know if you are taking part and link me to your social accounts if you are :)
Read more about #The100DayProject here.
Recently I drew this portrait for Heasoo, sadly her dog Zola passed away recently so she wanted a picture of them both. Heasoo also runs the amazing Korean online store Oops! My Dog which is a super cute place to buy canine related items if you are a giant dog lover based in South korea!
Jumper: H&M, Slippers: Alena in Chestnut C/O Ugg Australia. Skirt: Gap
I am a huge homemaker. I would probably spend all day in my flat if I could (probs best I don’t though..). I love being alone to make my own fun and can spend all day drawing, cooking and reading tons of blogs, oh and napping… ooops. I’m not massively anti-social though – I promise.
Ugg Australia got in touch and asked me for some tips on how to start illustrating from home (as well as a couple of other bloggers), to give a little inspiration for their customers during their Feels Like Home campaign. You can check out the illustration tips I gave them on their site here, as well as the other blogger’s ideas for some fun projects this winter.
When the weather is worse, what are you going to be getting up to?
I thought I’d draw my current winter clothing wishlist instead of showing you photos. It’s more fun this way?! Also sometimes I think drawing clothes gets out the need to want to buy them. Is that weird?! Actually.. who am I kidding!
Anyway! Here are all the items:
1. ASOS Bonded coat with pocket detail – This has gone in the sale and I love the 60’s style of it – except it’s kind of more modern with it’s slouchy fit! I think the colour is perfect.
2. Zoe Karssen bat jumper – Well I’ve been wanting this for ageesss! I’m not into bats very much to be honest but this has been in my wishlist for a couple of months. I think it’s the fit and the messy style of the bat?!
3. COS contrast panel dress – Black. Loose but not too loose! And simple. All 3 of those things are good traits in a dress.
4. Petit Bateau iconic heavy jersey breton top – A warm and good quality version of a simple piece.
5. Vagabond Kenova Chelsea boots in black – I tried these on in Urban Outfitters (I now wish I didn’t) and they are soooo comfy! They are also the ultimate perfect height for boots. At £90 they’re not the cheapest but they are leather so probably would last!
6. Mulberry Kensington in black – Basically everything about this bag is the best. “A cross between a bucket tote and a smartly structured satchel” – can it get any better? At £995 – we can dream on buddy.
7. American Apparel ‘Easy Jean’ – To be totally honest, no jean is easy. Jeans are the worst nightmare piece of clothing to get the right fit and size in ever. I’d like to test these jeans at their claim of being easy. They also look like they would suit short legged people like me.
What’s on your winter wishlist? x