This is a delicious Russian salad that my friend Madina introduced me to! She brought a giant bowl of it to ATP with her for us to snack on before commencing lots of beers and bands. Apparently in Russia they make tons of the stuff and keep it for days to feast on. I know why, because it is VERY tasty. Perhaps it doesn’t look like the most attractive thing in all the land but I thought I’d recreate it and show you how to make it. Good for your Christmas and New Years hangovers..!
What I made this evening would last a couple of days as a snack or for 2/3 people as a main meal.
You will need:
♥ 4 Carrots
♥ 5 Medium sized potatoes (I used marie piper, but use any)
♥ 3 Hard boiled eggs
♥ 5 Mini pickled gherkins
♥ 6 Spring onions
♥ 1 cup full of frozen petit pois (or fresh!)
♥ A handful of fresh chopped Parsley
♥ 1 Lemon
♥ Salt and pepper to season
1. Peel your carrots and potatoes and chop them into tiny pieces. Boil them for 10-15 mins or until soft. Also cook your peas (a couple of minutes).
2. Finely chop up your boiled eggs, spring onions, parsley and gherkins. Mix them all together in a large bowl.
3. Drain your peas, potatoes & carrots and mix together with the rest in the large bowl.
4. Stir in 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Season to taste!
5. Serve with a bit more chopped parsley on top and ta-da. Delicious dins!