1. Denim twin set from The Whitepepper. It’s been a bit hot for a mega denim outfit recently but I would love this twin set for when it gets a bit chilly.
2. Paul & Joe blush in Cinema from ASOS. And it’s on sale! Perfect colours.
3. Brushed wire ring from COS. Simple and cute. I like.
4. Gingham smock dress from ASOS. – I actually bought this and it is HUGE! ASOS sizing does not know what it’s doing with itself so I shall be sending this back. All in all, a disappointment. It’s cute, but huge and tent like, the material also feels pretty cheap for £36 : ( . Looks better in the picture! So I do still like the idea of this dress…
5. Casio heart hand watch from The Whitepepper. – LOVE this watch! I have only started wearing a watch again this year, and now I can’t go a day without. Fuck using iphone as a clock…
I am SO excited for The Bling Ring by Sofia Coppola to be released in the UK, I actually cannot wait! In preparation I’m about to start reading this book based on the real ‘Bling Ring’.
The original Bling Ring were a group of (fairly well off) teenagers from California who burgled celebrities houses including Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Orlando Bloom by using methods such as entering through a DOG FLAP, ha ha!
On the Paris Hilton robbery:
“They went up to the front door and tried ringing the doorbell to see if anyone was there. They discovered a key under the doormat, but then realized it wasn’t needed because the door was unlocked.”
You really couldn’t make this shit up, it’s such a good story and I can’t wait to see Coppola’s take on it, she’s one of my favourite filmmakers of all time. Also, Emma Watson looks amazing in this, she really suits the bling look!
“Coppola offers no obvious views on our celebrity-obsessed youth culture. Does she hate their vapidity or not? Whose fault is their brazen materialism – their parents or their surroundings? And who are the real victims here? Coppola refuses to say. But the fact that Paris Hilton loaned her house to the crew for filming only adds to the ambiguity at the heart of the film. Moreover, as with all Coppola’s films, her band of burglars are so effortlessly stylish and impeccably well-dressed you can’t help but near envy their brazen greed.” – The Culture Edit, Vogue.