1. Toro Y Moi – Harm in Change I’ve obsessively listened to this song this week. In my bedroom, while eating lunch, whilst walking home from work, and even took my ipad into the bathroom so I could listen to it in the bath. It’s THAT good I risked death by water to my ipad.
2. My Bloody Valentine – Only Tomorrow
The new My Bloody Valentine is all it was ever going to be, and more! This is one of my favourites from the record. It’s fucking incredible! As my friend Bryony put it “it sounds like it’s always existed.”
I was thinking, what happened to Cory Kennedy? She’s one year younger than me, and when I was doing loads of underage drinking and getting wasted, so was she. She was this popular L.A kid who’s photo was everywhere on the internet and she dressed pretty cool and had good hair. Turns out she got addicted to the booze and it went a bit tits up. She still dresses nice though.
Mike Patton! I’m getting OBSESSED again. Love this old interview of Fantomas! Where are the single girls at Fantomas gigs?! Anyway the new Tomahawk album is incredible, which has spurred this on. Listen to it on Spotify.
This Richard Nicoll for Fred Perry dress. It’s from a 2011 collection but the colours are perfect. It’s like a delicious mint ice cream…
1. Pick A Piper – All Her Colours (feat. John Schmersal)
This tune is by the drummer from Caribou’s live band and John who also plays guitar for Caribou live (but more importantly was in Enon – the best band in the world). This song is mega good, my favourite song of 2013 so far, and maybe will be my favourite of the whole year?! The vocals go perfectly with the track.
6. Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
Doesn’t fit in with the rest of the songs… but erm. I’m a bit obsessed with this song this week! And you should all check out the documentary “God bless Ozzy Osbourne”, it’s brilliant. See here.
2. PLVS VLTRA – Flowers to Bees – Toko from (MY FAVOURITE BAND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD) Enon’s new solo project. This whole album is delightful, it makes me SO happy, I think Toko is maybe in my top ten people in the world. Listening to this in bed is nice.
3. Marnie Stern – Year of the Glad
2013 is year of the Marnie. Roll on the new album.
4. Shugo Tokumaru – Lahaha
This song will cheer you up. Shugo Tokumaru is my best new discovery of 2013 so far…
6. Zebra Katz – Ima Read (ft. Njena Reddd Foxxx)
Zebra fucking Katz. I’m addicted to this song. The video is kinda creepy!
7. LA Vampires & Zola Jesus – Bone is Bloodstone
The kind of song you think the triangle loving witches in Dalston look like they SHOULD listen to but probably don’t.
This tune has got a great dark spooky feeling and also involves Amanda Brown from Pocahaunted (WHO ARE ALSO GREAT).