I actually managed to get some photos of an outfit for the first time in… um ages?
So here is what I wore last Sunday – a trip to the closed underground station Aldwych (more on that soon – lots of photos to share!)
Dress: Mix tile print from Topshop
Boots: Dr Martens Faun Patent Chelsea boots (in the sale here!) I’ve worn these so much since I got them last year and they are still in perfect condition.
Sunglasses: Modern Cat Eye Sunglasses from Forever 21 – So cheap £4.50!
Collar: Mock shirt collar from COS (I don’t think they have it anymore but you can probably find on eBay. Or you can just wear a normal shirt underneath – H&M always do sleeveless ones.)
So it was 36 degrees in Berlin, and now it’s super hot in London too! Hooray, but also not hooray cause I am so shit at dressing in the heat (I way prefer to HIDE my body, not get it out!). I have got better since my teenage years (um, goth vibes I’m-not-getting-a-tan anyone?) but still feel that I don’t have enough summery clothes that I like or feel comfortable in. Does anyone else feel like that? I wayyy prefer the offerings of the high street in winter and autumn and struggle to find lots of summer clothes I like.
But! Here are 5 things I have spotted recently:
1. Poppy Lissiman Evil Eye Clutch – Oh god, it is back in stock… um, well pre-order. But with shipping to the UK it is £55!!! For a clutch. Not sure I can convince myself, can I???? I love it so much… and have done since seeing it on the mega babes How Two Live. It’s been on my mind for months…
2. Miu Miu Rasoir eyeglasses from Pretavoir – I love most of the Miu Miu glasses, but having not been able to (so far) find anywhere near me that stocks them am hesitant to order any online! I would never buy glasses without trying them on, mainly because it is so easy for them to look wrong or bad. You have to get the right shape for your face otherwise you’ll just look like a terrible awkward nerd. #HANNAHGLASSESADVICE101.
3. Palmairas Nubuck tan sandals from Palmairas – My boyfriend recently built these ladies their newest website, which is how I found out about this brand. I actually really like them though, and for £38 I think they are a total bargain! Very summery and cute.
4. Topshop Mix tile print dress – I do love a good wall full of patterned tiles and therefore love the print on this dress! It is the kind of dress you buy and wear a lot but then get bored of it cause it’s quite intense, but for £45 it’s probably worth it!
5. Micheal Kors rabbit fur pom charm – Did anyone else spy Louise from Made In Chelsea with the rad fluffy bag charm on her (beaut) baby blue Michael Kors bag? JUST ME? Well I kinda searched the internet for one and came across this fluffball. But also I think Louise’ is from this site here: Poppy London, which is cheaper and London based.
P.S The new WordPress update is sexy. :nerd:
1. Zip It Bag from Nasty Gal – I really want a bucket bag, but can’t find any good ones in the UK I like for under £50! This one from Nasty Gal is good though, and less.
2. Most likely fake, ‘Chanel’ perfume bottle phone case, so tacky but I love it… ^___^ just search Google and you can find them on Etsy and eBay, for dirt cheap.
3. Superga x The Row – I cannot find these online for sale anywhere :'(, the most similar are here. But I love the material on these ones and the highlights of the gold! Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen are the shit.
4. Neat rib sweatshirt from Topshop – You can never have enough jumpers like this, with a white shirt underneath it looks super smart.
5. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso – So as I mentioned in this blog post, I am pretty into this woman. Her book comes out in a week, hooray! You can pre-order it here. Amazon doesn’t seem to have it on pre-order at the moment. Hopefully the London bookstores will have it IRL. I’ll be waiting at the doors.
I cannot believe it is April already. The year is going so so fast! So many plans and ideas… so little time! I’ve been working on Christmas illustrations already (yes, in March) and trying to do more exercise (which means embarrassing myself at dance classes) along with being pretty busy at work. I bought a new camera though and am sooo excited. I hate lugging my DSLR around and I’m lazy with it, so hopefully this will be easier for documenting fun things and posting on here!
Here are 5 things I like right now…
1. Topshop Moto Denim dress – When people talk about wearing ‘basics’ only, I’d consider denim dresses one of my favourite basics. I think I could live in them all year. They go with everything! This is my favourite one I’ve seen recently while browsing them online.
2. Korres Lip Butter stick – I love love loveeee Korres, everything smells so good and is amazing. There is barely ever any in stock in Liberty’s (in London) so I find it best to order their stuff online (try FeelUnique). The lip butter sticks are my favorite product of theirs, I use the tinted ones and think the red one is awesome. It’s like wearing a really thin coat of lipstick but super nourishing. Best discovery ever. I recently got the plain one too for all day every day wear.
3. Fujifilm X-M1 Camera in silver – The new camera! After a lot of research on photography and camera websites, 1000 reviews read later, I decided on the X-M1 with an additional lens (27mm pancake lens) even smaller to carry round. Lets hope it’s good.
4. ASOS Leather biker boots – These seem to keep going down in price?! Anyway, love them, want them, definitely do not need them. But they’re a good looking pair of boots.
5. Rose gold quartz crystal necklace from Crystal Cactus. – I think all the necklaces on this site are lovely. It is ran by mega internet babe Audrey Kitching. However, a quick search on eBay you can deffo buy those crystals for super super cheap if you can be bothered to make one yourself! I might have a go..