Hi everyone! It’s been almost two months since my last blog post, woaaaah. The longer I left it the easier it was not to post! I hope 2015 is treating everybody online well. I guess I had a little break from the internet (well, not at all because I work at a website), but personal internet. Kind of. Sometimes I get disillusioned by the whole ‘blogging’ thing. Anyways, I’m back now with some enthusiasm again! And a hedgehog that I drew so HIIII!
I love Soap & Glory products so much. I’ve always got a couple of body washes or creams on the go at once, and I adore their blusher/bronzers. When I saw the limited edition Christmas box in my local boots for £29 obviously I bought one! There are so many nice products in this years and I love that they keep them all full size. You definitely get your money’s worth (especially if Boots are not doing 3 for 2 on Soap & Glory).
‘The Next Big Thing’ box is illustrated by Hattie Stewart who was in the year above me at uni, it’s so nice to see people doing well from the same course! I think the illustrations she has done suit the brand perfectly.
The products in the box are:
1. THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER Body Butter – This is probably my favourite smell out of them all. It has the classic Soap & Glory smell, delicious Shea butter. It’s quite sweet but not too sickly! The product also is so good and makes your skin super soft. Works really well on legs.
2. HAND DREAM Super Cream – I do like the other hand cream by S&G (Hand Food) but I don’t think it is a strong enough hand cream for me as I get very dry hands. I actually think I prefer this one though, again it has the classic Soap & Glory smell but absorbs super quick and actually feels way more moisturizing than Hand Food. It does say that is is ‘Super Intensive’ so maybe that’s why. I don’t think it’s as good as Aesop but for 1/3 of the price it is pretty good. I’ll use this as a second cream though – to keep by my bed.
3. ORANGEASM Body Wash – At first I thought the smell of this was a bit weird if I’m honest. But I don’t tend to like certain fruity smells for bath and shower products, I tend to stick to floral and creamy smelling stuff. BUT! I gave it a go and it smells so much nicer when you actually use it rather than just sniffing it from the bottle. It’s not as overpowering as I thought it might be. It’s not a wash I would have purchased, as I do LOVE the Clean, Girls body wash they do, but now I’ve tried it I actually do like it.
Hello, it’s been a while! I started a new job (at the same company) in November, so have been super busy with that. I’ve also been working on quite a lot of illustration stuff. Those two things combined, the past two months have just flown by.
Here are a couple of items I have been stalking over the past few weeks between Facebook advertising campaigns, presentations and drawing animals.
1. Kenzo Eiffel tower jersey sweatshirt – from Selfridges: I am checking this every single day to see if it’s back in stock in a medium. I have been a little obsessed with the Eiffel tower lately and then this jumper happened and I need it!
2. Petit Bateau striped sweatshirt: Another month, another striped sweatshirt. Like a lot of gals my age, I own a lot of striped tops/jumpers. However I can never have enough.
3. Eyeko – Eye Do liquid eyeliner: I don’t wear eyeliner very often, because 1. It’s a lot of effort in mornings and i’m not a morning person at all, and 2. I also wear glasses to work every day so don’t see the point! But on a special occasion or a weekend it’s nice to crack out a lovely cat eye. I’ve heard about this eyeliner for a while and would like to try it, as my current drugstore eyeliner doesn’t stay very well.. if anyone reading this can recommend me other brands/or other good eyeliners too, that would be great!
4. Red Boucle coat from Warehouse: Isn’t this just the perfect shade of red? I think with brown hair this would look amazing! And it’s in the sale..
5. Michael Kors Selma large top-zip satchel: I love the Selma satchel and have done for so long. So… finally I caved in and I bought it, in black! It’s one of the most expensive clothing related items I’ve bought but I use it every day already and it’s so plain and hard wearing it will last forever and goes with most of my wardrobe. I love it.. and want it in every colour!
These photos by Giampaolo Sgura for Vogue Paris December/January 2014-2015 are the best I’ve seen in forever! I wrote my dissertation at university on dolls and hyperreality as I used to be completely obsessed with the world of fashion dolls. I love the idea behind this photoshoot, you really have to double take on some of them. I think it’s perfect how you really cannot tell what is life size, real or a prop/editing. To me these photos represent the magic in fashion photography, and what is fun about fashion. The detail is also incredible and the styling is spot on. There is not one photo in the set that I don’t like!
Jumper: H&M, Slippers: Alena in Chestnut C/O Ugg Australia. Skirt: Gap
I am a huge homemaker. I would probably spend all day in my flat if I could (probs best I don’t though..). I love being alone to make my own fun and can spend all day drawing, cooking and reading tons of blogs, oh and napping… ooops. I’m not massively anti-social though – I promise.
Ugg Australia got in touch and asked me for some tips on how to start illustrating from home (as well as a couple of other bloggers), to give a little inspiration for their customers during their Feels Like Home campaign. You can check out the illustration tips I gave them on their site here, as well as the other blogger’s ideas for some fun projects this winter.
When the weather is worse, what are you going to be getting up to?