1. Vintage Red Portable Transistor Clock Radio – I’m a little obsessed with clocks because I usually need 3 of them to wake up in the morning. This one from dotcomgiftshop is amazing!
2. Mark Hearld Tollie Dog print – I love this (obviously)! It’s from St Jude’s and printed at The Penfold Press (my old art teacher’s printing studio, hi Dan if you ever come across this!)
3. Black shiny t-bar shoes – A classic for the schoolgirl but i’m an adult look. These ones are from Office.
4. Amazing blue Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo shirt. It seems they unfortunately all sold out online : (
5. Olive green jumper from Cos – I have a black jumper from Cos that I wear ALL. THE. TIME. The quality is amazing and it is my staple jumper that goes with everything. I’m thinking this green one could be the new black?
So recently I am obsessed with smoothies. The weather is shit, we are clearly not getting enough vitamins AND it’s freezing cold so it’s always good to give your immune system a nice little fruity boost.
Aside from that, making smoothies is a quick, easy and delicious way to get lots of fruit and veg that you may not otherwise eat (guilty here). Also they seem to magically stop sugar cravings for me if I have one in the morning and that’s always good!
This is a recipe for a creamy blueberry strawberry kale smoothie, it’s pretty delicious if I do say so myself! It’s a combo I adapted and changed from a recipe here. Kale is packed with lots of vitamins, iron and calcium so it’s a winner. It’s pretty hot right now, apparently.
What you need:
♥ Half a cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
♥ A couple of kale leaves
♥ A handful of strawberries (maybe 3 big ones!)
♥ 2-3 spoonfuls of natural yogurt
♥ A small glass full of fresh apple juice
♥ A tiny pinch of cinnamon
P.S If your smoothie consistency seems too thick for you, you can always add extra apple juice and blend again to make it thinner!
♥ My Bloody Valentine at Hammersmith Apollo ♥ Heart patterned pinafore (surprisingly) from Primark ♥ Fish and chips at Bills in Soho with Henry ♥ Dinosaurs on my desk, obsessed ♥ Emily Sutton tin in Betty’s York ♥ Bookshop browsing in York ♥ Archie’s Girls Mac make-up haul.
1. Peace – Follow Baby
We listen to Radio 6 constantly at work (also Kerrang a lot, lets not remind ourselves of that though) and this song gets played a lot at the moment. I like it a lot though! It’s pretty sexy.
2. Buke and Gase – Hiccup
OMG this song is too good! It’s from the new Buke and Gase record ‘General Dome’ (which is also incredible). Can’t wait to see them again in April. Saw them at ATP before Christmas and they were amazing live!
3. Hudson Mohawke – Thunder Bay
Listen to this song with lots of bass. It gets great when the heavy bits come in.
4. My Bloody Valentine – Only Tomorrow
I saw MBV for the third time last week at the Hammersmith Apollo, it was one of the best gigs ever! The sound wasn’t the best it could have been at times, and it wasn’t as loud as the last times I saw them, but in a way that was better! They played a good setlist with lots of classics, and 3 tracks off the new album. They played this one, which is one of my favourites. It was definitely the best part of the gig for me! 1.35 is where it gets insanely beautiful…
5. Nosaj Thing – Fog
Great track! Saw him last week too at Village Underground. Though much prefer ‘Drift’ to his new album to be honest.. He played a couple off it so that was good. He also dropped a sick Burial tune… and I fell asleep standing up… It was a work night…